With kickoff vastly approaching (2 days!!!!!), I thought I'd do a Gameday Essentials post to get you ready for this season.
Here at UT, we get alllll dolled up for football games.
I'm talkin' dresses, jewelry, and curls. And boots.. how could I forget boots? They're a staple for Texas football season. Apparently, this is just a southern tradition; people up North don't do this kinda stuff. Before the first game of my freshman year, my date to a tailgate told me I'd need to wear a dress and boots to the game; all of his fraternity brothers were dressing up and they wanted their dates to look dressy too. I thought this was the stupidest thing ever. It was going to be 140 degrees out and I DID NOT want to get all dressed up. I did anyways and quickly understood why... EVERY SINGLE GIRL on the 40 Acres was dressed up for gameday.
Now that I've lived and learned, I understand that gameday = fashion show. I can't speak for every girl that goes here, but most of us UT girls are typically more concerned with what we're wearing (and what tailgate we're going to) than the actual game itself. I'm probably going to get made fun of by alllll of my guy readers (Adam and my stepdad). Oh well. I'll be the first to admit that if I were in a life or death situation based on how much I knew about football, I'd probably die.
Anywho, my knowledge of football isn't what this post is about. It's about looking cute. So below, I've compiled a board of some of my faves for football season. Hope you won't make the rookie mistake of showing up to a game in less than your best!
1. Pleated Strapless Dress - Forever 21 (on sale for $8.00!!)
3. Orange Shimmer Ring - Piperlime (on sale for $12!)
5. Lucchesse Student Government Boots (I have these--best boots IN THE WORLD)
6. T-Shirt Dress (usually girls have these made, but you can purchase a premade here!)
9. Amanda Crossbody - Tory Burch (trust me.. you will NOT want to carry a big purse)
10. Danielle Earrings in Goldstone - Kendra Scott (helps that she's an Austin girl ;) )
HOOK EM HORNS!!!